Deadline: 30 October 2016
Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of WASH Project Coordinator in Mogadishu, Somalia.
NRC provides assistance, protection and durable solutions to refugees and internally displaced persons worldwide.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The WASH Project Coordinator will perform the following functions-
- Coordinate and implement the WASH projects according to strategy, proposals and plans.
- Assist the Project Manager in writing project proposals, concept notes and donor reports.
- Ensure adherence to NRC policies and donor requirements.
- Ensure minimum standards of technical quality in all activities and interventions, which are technically appropriate, realistic, in line with project specific objectives and on budget.
- Undertake contract management and tendering processes of the diverse contractors for WASH hardware and software activities.
- Plan, coordinate and implement NRC WASH activities (Public Health Engineering and Public Health Promotion) in the South and Central Somalia.
- Ensure that assessment, programme design and implementation considers needs and vulnerabilities in South and Central Somalia.
- Ensure that WASH programme design is informed by and integrated with NRC’s other priority sectors of Protection, Food Security and Livelihoods, Education and Shelter.
- To ensure that sustainable systems are set in place for longer term operation and maintenance of all water and sanitation infrastructure, including the provision of all necessary training.
- Prepare and oversee the implementation process to ensure timely delivery of programme activities (for example, monitoring against log frames, individual performance management work plans).
- Prepare timely financial and narrative reports on project activities in compliance with internal NRC requirements and any relevant external donor requirements.
Applicants must have-
- Degree in Water Engineering, Public Health, Civil Engineering, Environmental Health, Hydrology or Geology.
- 5-years of experience from working as a WASH Project Coordinator or similar in a humanitarian/recovery context with an INGO.
- Experience in implementing integrated WASH activities (both software and hardware).
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts.
- Proven and documented results related to the position’s responsibilities.
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal.
- Knowledge of the operating context in South and Central Somalia.
- Knowledge of the local language (Somali) – if different than English.
- Experience in use of design software’s like AutoCAD, ArcGIS and statistical packages.
- Knowledge and experience of the application of SPHERE and links to emergency and longer-term development practice.
- Excellent teamwork and interpersonal skills.
- Experience in performance management of staff.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit NRC.