Deadline: 22 November 2016
World Food Programme (WFP) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Logistics Business Support Assistant in Bosasso, Somalia.
World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Logistics Business Support Assistant will perform the following functions-
- Act as the Cash Based Transfers (CBT) focal person in the Area Office and respond to queries regarding retailers and other CBT logistics related issues.
- Process retailer’s weekly and monthly payments through WFP Corporate Information Management systems.
- Participate in retailer assessments, selection and training on using the Point of Sale (POS) machines.
- Ensure that shortlists of retailers and other potential traders are up-to-date.
- Conduct periodic visits to retailers to ensure that they are in compliance with the contract and report accordingly.
- Liaise with the Country Office and Area Office units on CBT and SCOPE related matters to maximize CBT customer satisfaction.
- Follow up with Programme Unit on any expiring funds and act accordingly.
- Update expiring grants consumption report and circulate the report accordingly.
- Reconcile retailers with missing transactions and draft reports to process their payment.
- Ensure POCBs are utilized in the set time frame.
- Support logistics operations, following standard processes and facilitate the effective delivery of food assistance to beneficiaries.
- Support the management of Logistics vendors’ contracting activities including performance monitoring.
Applicants must have-
- Secondary school education.
- A Post-secondary certificate related to the functional area is required.
- At least 3 years of progressively responsible support experience including at least 1 year in the field of accounting, transport, insurance, statistics and logistics operations.
- Fluency in both written and spoken English and Somali is a requirement.
- Experience utilizing computers, including word processing, spreadsheet and other WFP standard software packages and systems.
- General knowledge of UN system policies, rules, regulations and procedures governing the area of work.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit WFP.