Deadline: 24 July 2017
United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Deputy Project Manager in Mogadiscio, Somalia. The duration of this post is 1 year.
UNDP works in nearly 170 countries and territories, helping to achieve the eradication of poverty, and the reduction of inequalities and exclusion.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Deputy Project Manager will perform the following functions-
- Plan and sequence project activities in coordination with the PM and the project team.
- Support the PM and Country Office with fundraising efforts and the drafts of new proposals.
- Lead preparation of monthly reviews of the work plan and budget.
- Coordinate the overall delivery of the project in an effective and efficient manner, working closely with relevant governmental authorities and other partners.
- Prepare and facilitates follow-ups and periodic progress reports to the project board/steering committee.
- Coordinate press materials and outreach efforts at national and sub-national level to ensure information dissemination.
- Provide strategic advice to the Project Board/Steering Committee on implementation of the different aspects of the project.
- Develop and maintains close linkages with relevant sectorial government agencies, UN agencies, NGOs, civil society, media outlets, international organizations and implementing partners.
- Ensure, in close consultation with Project Manager and Support Team, the effective application of RBM tools, the elaboration of coherent work plans, regular donor progress and impact reports, and project documents and proposals.
Applicants must have-
- Master’s degree in Economics, Business Administration, Development Studies or related fields.
- Bachelor’s degree in any of the above fields and 7 years experience in development, employment generation, agriculture, and natural resource management may be accepted in lieu of an advanced university degree.
- Master’s Degree with minimum 5 years of relevant experience at the national and international level in development issues and entrepreneurship or Bachelor’s Degree with 7 years of relevant experience at the national and international level in international development issues and entrepreneurship.
- Proven experience with monitoring and evaluation, project management, financial modelling required.
- Experience working in the private sectors (national and international corporations, entrepreneurship).
- Independent usage of computers and standard office software packages.
- Experience with the handling of web based management systems.
- Fluency in oral and written English and Somali languages.
- Nationality of Somalia.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNDP.